UPDATE: This batch is now sold out. If you tried to buy a ticket, but could not because PayPal required you to sign up for an account, please e-mail paypalhatesme and we’ll get you sorted out at the $1,337 level.
So we’ve gotten a lot of inquiries regarding the Hackers on a Plane to the Chaos Communications Camp in August of 2011. Yes, we are returning to the camp and it’s planned as HoaP 7.0.
Because most of you inquiring are on a budget, we’re doing a special presale for the camp. We’re offering 5 tickets for $1,337.00 — the same price as the very first Hackers on a Plane.
As an added bonus, we’re going to make this trip a truly global adventure. Thanks to friends we’ve made in Japan on HoaP 4.0, we’re going to be running flights to the camp from Japan (NRT), Brazil (GRU), Australia (SYD) as well as Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK).
And yes, the presale price is valid from any of those airports.
For at nearly half off the expected price of $2,011 (JFK) you’ll get:
- Round Trip Airfare from any of the above listed cities to Berlin (Arriving 7 August 2011, returning 20 August 2011)
- Eurail Pass for the Netherlands, Germany and Austria.
- Pre-Camp Two Night Relaxation and Tour Package in Potsdam
- Flight from Berlin Schoenefeld Airport directly to the campsite
- Admission to the Camp
- Individual tents, air mattresses and sleeping bags at the camp (setup included, if you prefer)
- Three prepared hot meals daily and a stocked 24 hour DIY food hacking kitchen in the “Hackers from Afar” camp.
- Voucher for a free 15 minute flight above the campsite
- Hackerspaces tour including three star accommodations through the Netherlands, Germany and Austria after the camp
All this for only $1,337.00. As this is well below the expected cost of the trip, only five tickets are available, and they’re gone when they’re gone. We will launch the full sale with the actual price from our departure airports after the 27c3.
And, yes, if you decide you can’t go to the camp, this ticket is fully transferable to whomever you wish until July 4, 2011.
Any questions? As always, e-mail info